Las Vegas News, Entertainment, Gambling and Facts at Vegas eNews header image 1

Las Vegas Most Searched Travel Destination Of 2009!

December 30th, 2009 · No Comments

Las Vegas Tops the List On Bing's Most Searched Travel Destination For 2009!

Earlier this month, the top trending searched topics on Bing for 2009 were announced (we wish the circumstances for Michael Jackson topping that list were a bit more positive). The top searched celebrity of 09 was also revealed (Oh…. Perez Hilton you were hot, hot, hot). Bing then asked you to go and take their End of Year Facebook quiz to test your I.Q. of hot topics in 2009. How did everyone do in the quiz?

Who would’ve thought that Las Vegas would beat out Hawaii for most searched travel destinations, or that Susan Boyle was searched for more often than Taylor Swift? A majority swore the iPhone was the most searched electronic device …well as a matter of fact, it was the iPod. And over half were pulling for New Moon as the most searched movie, which was actually runner up to the original movie, Twilight. Above is the complete list of the top 2009 searches on Bing. Las Vegas or Bust!

Source: bing.com/community/blogs/search/archive/2009/12/22/and-the-rest-of-the-2009-most-searched-goes-to.aspx

→ No CommentsTags: Las Vegas News

Tiger’s Lavish Spending Habits In Las Vegas Revealed

December 16th, 2009 · No Comments

Mistress of Tiger Woods Reveals His Extravagant Spending Habits While In Las Vegas

Tiger Woods’ wife Elin Nordegren was purposely photographed without her wedding ring in an effort to send a message that her marriage is done, according to a report.

“She knew what she was doing when she stepped out and pumped gas without her wedding rings,” one source told MSNBC.com.

“There are plenty of people who would have filled the tank for her so she wouldn’t even have to be photographed.”

Moving crews descended on the Woods’ estate Tuesday, and a source close to the golfer’s camp told The New York Post, “She’s making plans to move out and take the kids with her.”

It was also revealed Wednesday that Woods would squander up to $25,000 a hand while playing blackjack in Las Vegas, according to one of his alleged mistresses.

Jamie Jungers told Radaronline.com that she gambled for hours with Woods at The Mansion at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. She said Woods’ friend NBA great Charles Barkley was also there, and Tiger would act discreet in front of him.

“He would occasionally put his hand on my leg but it was underneath the table,” she told Radar.

“There was nobody around except the blackjack dealer, the roulette dealer and a cocktail waitress who would come in the room. There was nobody in that room except for myself, Tiger and Charles Barkley.”

Tiger became a different person when he was at The Mansion, Jungers said. “He was drinking, smoking cigars, he was partying,” she said.

But there was finally some good news for Woods on Wednesday with the Associated Press naming him its Athlete of the Decade.

Woods was the clear winner in the vote cast by AP member editors. He received 56 votes, well ahead of cyclist Lance Armstrong (33 votes) and tennis ace Roger Federer (25 votes).

The AP said more than half of the ballots were returned after Nov. 27, the day when Woods crashed his car into a fire hydrant and sparked a series of scandalous stories.

On Friday the golf superstar said he was quitting the sport indefinitely and acknowledged his “infidelity.”

Source: news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity/tiger-woods-wife-elin-nordegren-posed-without-wedding-ring-to-signal-marriage-was-over/story-e6frfmqi-1225811218819

→ No CommentsTags: Las Vegas News

Sugar Shane Mosley vs Andre Berto Jan 30 Las Vegas

November 19th, 2009 · 2 Comments

Six-Time World Champion Sugar Shane Mosley (Left) and Welterweight World Champion Andre Berto (Right) pose on November 14, 2009 in Las Vegas, Nevada at the press conference to officially announce their January 30, 2010

It began as a war of words fought on internet websites and on Saturday, Jan. 30, welterweight superstars Sugar Shane Mosley and Andre Berto will take their dispute from cyberspace to the ring at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas. The 12-round bout will air live on HBO’s World Championship Boxing and will determine once and for all the King of the 147-pound weight class.

“Andre Berto’s a good young fighter but he’s bitten off more than he can chew with all the talking he’s been doing,” said WBA Welterweight Super World Champion Mosley. “I’ve forgotten more about the fight game than he knows and the world will see that in January.”

Berto, the WBC Welterweight World Champion commented, “This is the fight I’ve waited my whole career for and now it’s finally a reality. Shane Mosley made me chase him for a while, but he won’t be able to run when we get into the ring on January 30, and I can’t wait.”

Mosley vs. Berto, a 12-round welterweight bout, is presented by Golden Boy Promotions and DiBella Entertainment. The bout will air live on HBO’s World Championship Boxing from the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada, beginning at 10 pm ET / 7 pm PT.

Tickets priced at $300, $200, $150, $100 and $50 are now on sale and available for purchase at all Las Vegas Ticketmaster locations (select Smith’s Food and Drug Centers and Ritmo Latino). Ticket sales are limited to eight (8) per person. To charge by phone with a major credit card, call Ticketmaster at (702) 745-3000. Tickets also are available for purchase at www.mandalaybay.com or www.ticketmaster.com.

President of Golden Boy Promotions, Oscar de la Hoya said, “Mosley-Berto is the first big fight of 2010 and it’s the perfect way to kick off the boxing year. Mosley fights his best when the challenge in front of him is greatest. Berto is one of the most talented fighters in the world, so I expect Mosley to be at his very best in a great fight on January 30.”

“This is one of those can’t miss fights in terms of action and Berto and Mosley won’t have to look too hard to find each other in the ring,” said Lou DiBella, President of DiBella Entertainment. “I think this fight represents the passing of the torch from the old lion in Mosley to the young lion in Berto and I’m expecting an early Fight of The Year candidate. With respect to a first ballot Hall of Famer, the Shane Mosley era ends on January 30.”

Richard Sturm, President of Sports & Entertainment for MGM MIRAGE, said, “We are proud to kick off 2010 with Golden Boy Promotions, DiBella Entertainment and HBO Sports and welcome the return of both Shane Mosley and Andre Berto to Mandalay Bay. This will be an exciting fight for not only our customers, but boxing fans around the country.”

Kery Davis, senior vice president of programming of HBO Sports said, “Beginning the new season of HBO’s World Championship Boxing with Shane Mosley vs. Andre Berto is a spectacular way to start the year. Boxing fans need to mark down January 30 right now on their calendars.”

A future Hall of Famer with five world titles to his name, Sugar Shane Mosley (46-5, 39 KO’s) has ruled the lightweight, welterweight and junior middleweight divisions over his storied 16-year career. However, at 38 years old, the Pomona, Calif. native seems to be getting better and better as the years pass.

Winner of seven of his last eight fights dating back to 2005, Mosley has defeated the likes of Fernando Vargas (twice), Luis Collazo and Ricardo Mayorga, but his most recent victory also was one of his most spectacular — a ninth round stoppage of Antonio Margarito in January 2009 to win the Welterweight World Title for the third time.

One of boxing’s top young stars, 26-year-old Andre Berto (25-0, 19 KO’s) first made his mark on the worldwide sports scene as a member of the 2004 Haitian Olympic team. However he already has surpassed those accomplishments as an unbeaten professional and world champion.

[Read more →]

→ 2 CommentsTags: Las Vegas News

Manny Pacquiao vs Miguel Cotto Nov 14th Las Vegas

October 9th, 2009 · 2 Comments

The Fight of the Year, Manny Pacquiao vs Miguel Cotto

The biggest boxing match of the year is set. Pound for pound champion Manny Pacquiao will take on welterweight powerhouse Miguel Cotto at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas on Saturday, November 14th, 2009.

Pacquiao vs. Cotto is a great fight and can be seen live on HBO Pay-Per-View. Pacquiao is the best pound-for-pound boxer in the world, but Cotto, the WBO welterweight champion, is a real threat to him.

The fight will be fought at a catch weight of 145 pounds. The weight was one of the biggest factors holding up the creation of this fight, as Pacquiao’s camp wanted Cotto to come down even farther. Finally the two sides agreed on 145, 2 pounds lighter than the welterweight limit.

Manny “Pacman” Pacquiao

49 (37) – 3 – 2
Height: 5′6″ Reach: 67″
Current Pound for Pound Champion
Last 5 fights: 5-0 with 3 knockouts against Ricky Hatton, Oscar De La Hoya, Juan Manuel Marquez, David Diaz and Marco Antonio Barrera, spanning four weight classes from super featherweight to welterweight

Miguel Cotto

34 (27) – 1
Height: 5′7″ Reach: 67″
Current WBO Welterweight Champion
Last 5 fights: 4-1 with 2 knockouts against Joshua Clottey, Michael Jennings Alfonso Gomez and Shane Mosley with the defeat coming against Antonio Margarito

A Fight Preview:  Pacquiao vs. Cotto

Manny Pacquiao’s opponent for his November fight was unknown for quite some time. Finally it appeared that Shane Mosley would be the man to step into the ring with him. However, Team Pacquiao and Team Cotto were able to finalize the deal, made all the easier since both men are promoted by Bob Arum and Top Rank Promotions.

Pacquiao will have the clear speed advantage in this bout. He showed the world what his speed could do even at the higher weight classes against the likes of Oscar De La Hoya and Ricky Hatton.

Miguel Cotto on the other hand will come into the ring as the naturally larger man, having fought at junior welterweight and welterweight for his entire career. He also has superior boxing skills, while Pacquiao is the more dynamic offensive fighter. Team Pacquiao is also hoping that forcing Cotto to cut weight down to 145 pounds will leave him weaker, and Pacquiao more able to capitalize on that vulnerability.

Which man will have the edge come fight night? Some people wonder how much Miguel Cotto has left in the tank after his beat down from Margarito, however, he has rebounded and gutted out a tough win against Joshua Clottey. And isn’t there ever going to be a limit on Pacquiao, on the size and caliber of the fighters he can continue taking out so impressively?

We’ll have to wait for fight night to see the winner of this exciting match between Manny Pacquiao and Miguel Cotto. The winner will have the world at his fingertips, and may end up facing Shane Mosley, Juan Manuel Marquez or Floyd Mayweather.

News Source: proboxing-fans.com/pacquiao-cotto-preview-predictions/

→ 2 CommentsTags: Las Vegas News